I did try to use the AC Buyer's Guide but because one of my requirements is regarding internal storage I'm putting my question up here.
Up until now the smartphone I have been using is a Moto E 2nd gen (2015), and I have been really happy with it.
The biggest issue was lack of internal memory. I like downloading lots of apps, and was struggling with memory issues as couldn't get all of the apps onto the SD card. Then I recently updated to Marshmallow and formatted the SD card as internal memory. It was fine for a while but now the phone tells me to 'reinsert' the SD card (but it hasn't been taken out). Ideally I would find a way to fix this but it doesn't look possible. So I'm looking at options for a new phone.
Other than the memory issue the only thing I would have changed on the Moto E really would have been a better camera, but here are the things I am looking for.
- I probably want to stay on Android but wouldn't completely rule out an iPhone.
- 32GB internal memory minimum (more would be better!)
- Expandable memory (to store photos), ideally.
- to be on the 'smaller' side, probably wouldn't want to go above about 5 inches screen size, current phone is 4.5 and is perfect.
- Reliable / solid reputation
- Robust or compatible with a good case like an Otterbox (I don't know too much about different case options though)
- A decent camera would be good. The 5mp rear on the Moto E took (in my opinion) good photos in bright light, but struggled in lower light.
- To be under £300 handset price, ideally.
I mostly use my phone for:
Apps and Games (MyFitnessPal, puzzle games, crossy road etc).
Thanks very much for spending that time to read my post! Appreciate any suggestions.