Greetings to all the developers and registered users on this site... Yes, this is my first post, but I read here pretty often and I used the search function, trust me! Seriously, I've tried all I could and I am at my wits end, but this is technology, we can't let it own us, we gotta continue owning it and that's what online communities like xda help us do, so thanks for all your past, present, and future contributions here. So I got this Metro PCS Kyocera Hydro Wave (C6740N) that I can't factory reset for a number of reasons, but mainly because I believe that there is either no boot-loader or no recovery partition as a result of Metro PCS flashing the ROM...
Anyway, lets get to the juice:
- Device powers on/off, but no combo of Vol -/+ and Power buttons bring up a recovery menu or anything (holding any combo down just boot-loops)
- Device has no SIM and no micro SD card, and the battery is not removable
- Device is locked... Like, pattern-locked/google account info/too many attempts/yada yada yada
- Device has no data and no WiFi connection active, so I could not use the google account to get past the lockscreen
- Device does not have USB debugging enabled/Google drivers for ADB do not work (Windows 7 auto-detects when I plug in the phone and installs a generic Microsoft driver which cannot be removed even after uninstalling the device, and also I pointed the Device Manager to the correct Google drivers I installed with the Android SDK Tools, as well as the Samsung Naked Universal Drivers I found on this forum, and Kyocera ADB drivers I found through Google which all failed, Windows returned a message stating that the most up-to-date or best driver for this device is already installed)
What I've tried (everything possible really):
- Hard reset/Recovery from phone: FAILED
- Connect to Linux and install ADB, then tried running the adb shell, adb devices, fastboot devices, etc but phone not detected: FAILED
- Connect to Windows 7 and install ADB (Android SDK Tools), I literally checked every single box and installed Platform-tools, google drivers, everything, got to the command prompt as admin, cd to the ADB directory, ran same commands as in linux, also tried commands on several forums and posts like adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key to remove the lock but everything: FAILED
- Connect to Windows 7 and attempt to install proper drivers using RootGenius, MoboRobo, PDAnet, and several other suggestions which all were oblivious/unable to detect the device despite Windows recognizing it, so they all: FAILED
- Connect to Windows 7 and attempt running ADB through a Cygwin terminal, but the command "sudo" was not recognized/not valid, so: FAILED
- Connect to Windows 7 and use XRYViewer to extract data from the phone, possibly to see the system files and get an actual understanding of what everybody is saying you need to mount from the recovery partition, but no clue how to use this, since I can't find an XRY file in the internal storage, so: FAILED
- Connect to Windows 7 and access data/recover data from device using "Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android" and "iLike Android Data Recovery Pro" but both programs instructed me to enable USB Debugging, which is not possible, so the both also: FAILED
Despite this being my first post, I have scoured the forums here in addition to every other forum and webpage regarding this issue as well... There just isn't much about this phone except negative reviews, and I have come to the conclusion that on this particular model phone, I am out of options... I have a paperweight... I'm not very familiar with Android... So please correct me if I'm wrong...