I've spent all morning googling and I'm surprised to find no other posts/users looking for what I am. Please help. I'm looking for an app to fully backup and restore a rooted Nexus 4 (16gb isn't a lot) with the following specs/functions:
- for rooted devices (because apps for rooted devices can simply do a bit more)
- fully automated (set it and forget it)
- cloud sync (not just upload or writing over old version - if the app/data is unchanged, it shouldn't be copied)
- paid app but no subscription based
- able to restore to other devices
- media/SD card sync is a bonus, but not obligatory
- and the MOST important: cloud based (local files aren't needed, or deleted once sync'd). Backup/uload to the cloud should happen app by app (incrementally), so I don't need to clean memory so I'll room for a single 1.5 gig backup file, for example.
I've been playing with nandroid backups, Titanium, G Cloud and Helium (aka ex-Carbon), but all seem to missing one of the above, or I'm just doing it wrong...or I need to use a solution combining several apps. Please correct me if I'm wrong on my analysis of the following:
- TiBackup does a real sync (not just overwriting) with the cloud, but needs to keep a local copy of the backup. With no SD card slot, I DON'T want 1.6 gigs just sitting there for nothing.
- Helium doesn't really sync, it just overwrites. Not a problem running at night, but still a waste of bandwidth.
- G Cloud is a subscription service. (or you can jump through hoops to get more free capacity)
- ROM manager premium is automated, but nandroid backups aren't very compatible on other devices
So, I'm presently testing G Gloud and getting ready to put on my jumping shoes...thanks for any advice!