Originally Posted by suunnittelija View Post
I was able to root my ZTE V985 couple days ago. Download root installation package from:
1. Install ZTE USB driver first: Goto Settings -Developer options - enable Driver CDROM. Connect your phone to the computer and install driver package from ZTE. 985root.7z package has also ZTE USB driver but it didn't work on my Win 7, so I installed drivers from phone.
2. Turn off CDROM mode and enable USB debugging mode and Unknown sources
3. Unzip 985root.7z file to any folder
4. Run xxxroot.bat and command window appears. Script will stop and ask you to press any key (in Chinese)
5. Check that your phone is connected and press any key. Script will upload files to your phone
6. There will be popup window on your phone. Click Restore my data
7. Phone will then boot up but keep it connected to PC and wait until it is fully booted
8. if there's nothing going on in command window, press any key and command window closes. If your are rooted, you have SuperUser app
Original instructions from here:
And Google translation:
THE DEVICE IS NOW SUCESSFULLY ROOTED PLEASE POST ROMS/CUSTOMISATIONS/CWM/MODS + GUIDES ALSO AND ANY OTHER INFO ON THIS PHONE! THANKS.