My sd card is fried. I tried loading it on my pc with no luck. I am planning to go and get another one. However, will the phone still boot without the system files that were on the sd card? If not how can I fix it.
"If your problem is that you cannot mount the SDCard (as opposed to being able to mount it but it is empty) I ran into something similar during my 2nd ROM flashing experience. I got into this state by doing a factory wipe from the bootloader screen (as opposed to doing it from recovery). This wiped my entire SDCard partition, even the filesystem on it. So when I booted into Android, it failed to mount the SDCard altogether, saying that it was corrupted.
I had to re-format the SDCard from Windows in order to recover, by doing the following:
1. Boot into recovery (for me was TWRP 220.127.116.11)
2. Select "Mount"
3. Checkmark "Mount SDCard"
4. Connect device to PC via USB cable
5. Select "Mount USB Storage" in TWRP
6. On the PC, find the SDCard's drive in My Computer, right-click on it, and select "Format"
7. Proceed with formatting the SDCard ("Quick Format" is fine)
8. Safely remove the USB storage from Windows
9. Reboot the device
Upon rebooting, the SDCard mounted fine, although all data was erased."
Will this work for me if i get a fresh sd card and follow these steps?