I currently have an iPod touch, and am considering a smart phone. I really like the new Droid X, but have some questions about this phone, which may dictate whether I get the Droid or iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 would be easier for me, since I'm already copying my music, videos, contacts, etc., using iTunes. If anyone can answer some of these concerns I'd appreciate it:
1. I currently take videos with a digital camera, which create .mov files. Can I play these files on the Droid X?
2. Some of the videos I copy to my iPod Touch are around 200 MB. Obviously iTunes compresses. How would I copy and convert a video of this size for use on the Droid?
3. I currently use a contact tool to export my contacts from my Ipod to .ldif and .csv files, which I then load into my email client Thunderbird, and do other things with the files as well. Is there a tool which will allow me to import and export my contacts in .ldif format?
4. I have about 19 GB of .mp3 files which I load on to my 32 GB iPod Touch. Would I be able to fit all of this music on the Droid? Does it come in a 32 GB version? I can actually find that out myself.
5. One of my other concerns was audible, but I just found out today that audible now has there's an android app for audible. Cool!